How You Can Help
The Food Pantry of Green Cove Springs distributes over 180,000 pounds of food each year to families and individuals in need, and we couldn’t do it without the support of the entire community. No matter if you have hundreds of pounds of groceries to donate or just a few bags or boxes, you can help feed our neighbors in need by holding a food drive in your neighborhood, office or school!
- Individual Food Donations
- Donations may be dropped off at The Food Pantry between the hours of 10:00 am and 4:00 pm Monday through Thursday. Fridays from 10:00 am through 1:00 pm.
- Upon arrival, back your vehicle up to the unloading area near the back door
- A Food Pantry volunteer will help you unload your vehicle and weigh your donation
- Fill out a Donation Form and an acknowledgement/thank you letter will be mailed to you
- Food and Fund Drives
- Food drives are a wonderful way for people to support The Food Pantry and provide food for members of Clay County. We welcome food drives any time of the year!
- Steps for holding a food drive for The Food Pantry
- Review food drive resources below
- Decide on the specific details of your food drive (location, date, time)
- Let The Food Pantry know about your food drive by contacting our Director, Wynema Lovell at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Promote your food drive (signs, emails, social media)
- Hold your food drive
- Deliver your collected food to The Food Pantry or arrange for pickup
- Thank everyone involved in making your food drive a success!
- Our Wish List of Most Needed Items
- Foods high in protein such as canned meats (tuna, chicken, salmon) and canned or dried beans
- Foods high in nutrients, such as canned vegetables and fruit
- Whole-grain foods such as brown rice, whole grain cereal and whole wheat pasta
- Soups, chilies and stews
- Dry and canned pastas, macaroni and cheese
- Peanut butter and jelly
- The Food Pantry cannot distribute
- Open or used items
- Severely damaged or unlabeled containers
- Homemade canned goods or re-packaged goods
- Prepared foods that are unpackaged
- Alcoholic beverages
- Prescription medical supplements
- Food Drive Resources
We rely on gifts from individuals, corporations, foundations, organizations and others in the community. No gift is too small to make a difference in the lives of those in need! Your donation will make a difference in ending hunger in Clay County. All donations are tax deductible.
Our major expense is purchasing canned meat, tuna, vegetables, peanut butter and jelly. Any monetary donations help to defer those costs. The Food Pantry is an ALL VOLUNTEER organization which keeps our operating costs to a minimum.
Donations to The Food Pantry of Green Cove Springs not only help to provide nourishing food to individuals and families in Clay County, but also brings peace of mind to those in need. Make a donation today to make an immediate impact.
Donate By Mail
Make your check payable to
“The Food Pantry of Green Cove Springs”
Mail it to:
Food Pantry of GCS
P.O. Box 696
Green Cove Springs, FL 32043
At The Food Pantry of Green Cove Springs, volunteers are essential to our operations because they share the joy with our clients, the community and their fellow volunteers. Thanks to their collaborative efforts, we are able to make a difference in the lives of our neighbors!
Join us to experience the joy that comes from helping others while working alongside some awesome people. We welcome all volunteers from individuals to groups. We have over 90 volunteers who sort donated food, pack bags for clients, pick up donated and purchased food items, attend community outreach events or help with a variety of other tasks that help those in need.
Community service hours are available to students enrolled in junior high through college.
If you are interested in joining The Food Pantry’s family of volunteers, contact Wynema Lovell at email@example.com
If you are a junior high student in need of community service hours or part of group who would like to volunteer or get a tour, contact Jean Cosby at 904-284-5470.
If you are a high school or college student in need of community service hours, please contact Winnie Yaun at 904-284-9871.
We look forward to seeing you!
Watch one of our volunteers share about volunteering at The Food Pantry